I was never a "robe" person. I had a big fluffy bathrobe for a while, but in the summer it was too hot, and the rest of the year it was too cumbersome to get dressed in.
Unfortunately, I missed the "wear-an-adorable-robe-on-your-wedding-day-trend" but I absolutely love the gorgeous "getting ready" photos so many brides have these days. These floral cotton robes also look stunning in maternity sessions, but there's so many more reasons to own a pretty robe than for the (stunning) photos. They've been popping up all over my Facebook and I have to admit I was a little jealous and immediately thought "I NEED ONE." and I found the perfect little company who supplies them.
Plum Pretty Sugar has an amazing selection of gorgeous robes- along with other pretty PJs and apparel items. I'm normally a neutral girl, but I wanted a really feminine floral pattern for my robe. I chose an adorable kimono knee length robe with a light print called "Alodie Rymed in Prose." Which just sounds like a fairytale.
5 reasons to buy a pretty robe:
- Having Guests Over: I don't know about y'all, but sometimes I just wear a t-shirt and sleep shorts. Okay, not sometimes, always. Putting on a cute little robe over this outfit somehow makes me feel a little more put together when we have guests staying at the house. I also don't mind greeting the mail lady or letting the dog out to pee.
- Lotion: Have you ever tried to put on skinny jeans or leggings after getting out of the shower and putting lotion on?! All I can think of is that episode of Friends when Ross tries to wear leather pants on a first date and puts lotion on to try to get them up, and then baby powder, “The lotion and the powder have made a paste!” So funny! Except when its you in the bathroom trying to hike up your pants. Skip this workout and put the lotion on, then the robe, then drink your coffee and do your hair and makeup while your skin soaks in the moisturizer. It's better all around; trust me.
- Blow Dryer: Speaking of getting ready in a robe, if any of you have a lion's mane like me, you know you'll be sweating within seconds of stepping out of the shower while you try to tame that hair with a round brush and blow dryer for 45 minutes. I hate getting out of the shower all clean and fresh, to get dressed, and then start sweating when I'm drying my hair. I've been choosing to wear my robe instead; which really does help!
- Little Luxury: I've said it before- but I love indulging in small things that make me feel good. Wearing a pretty floral robe around the house instead of dumpy sweat pants makes me feel pretty- even if I'm the only one home! I love that something so simple can really change how I feel about myself and my day.
- They Make Great Gifts: Since this is a 12 days of Christmas series and we are talking about the holidays; I think a fun cotton or silk robe would be the perfect gift for the woman or girl who doesn't yet have one! I listed four great options to enjoy one; so why not get one for her?
And right now, Plum Pretty Sugar is offering sugar & succulents blog readers free US shipping!! Just use WELCOMESPRING16 at checkout